Thursday, September 15, 2016

In My Studio: Sight and Sound

Sewing a big pile of play mats while watching the Great British Sewing Bee
Since schools have gone back its been all systems go in my studio. I have been knuckling down to some hard work to getting stocked up before the fall and holiday craft fairs.

In this blog post I would like to share some of the things that have been keeping me entertained, inspired and sane while I have been working:

The Merriweather Council Podcast: The host Danielle Spurge is a craft business consultant with many years selling her embroidery on Etsy. She is a fountain of knowledge and with her new podcast shares some great tips to help other small handmade businesses thrive. This podcast was only launched a few weeks ago but she has already covered so much in her concise and 'no nonsense' manner. Episodes have included topics such as: shipping, pricing, blogging, inventory, feedback, creativity and photographing your products.

I highly recommend listening to this podcast for some great ideas and inspiration.
Available on the Merriweather Council website and Itunes.

Mid Hudson Library System Digital Downloads: If you reside in the Mid-Hudson Valley and are a member of a local library you can use your membership number to access audio books (and ebooks) from their website. Using the Overdrive app (available in the app store) you can download and listen to these audio books on the device of your choosing.

I download them onto my ipad and listen to audio books while I work. It's a great (and free) way of listening to some really good books. You are entitled to borrow up to 10 titles at a time and can also put holds on titles that are currently checked out.

I recently listened to the thrilling third installment of the Comoran Strike books by Robert Galbraith 'Career of Evil' which I highly recommend.



Streaming TV Shows: Sometimes if I am on the sewing machine for a long period of time I also like to watch TV shows, especially 'crafty' ones (photo at the top). My favorites include Project Runway which is about to start a new season and The Great British Sewing Bee (available on you tube).


I would love to hear what inspires you while you work....

Good luck getting ready for the busy season and good listening! 

Sarah
So Handmade





No comments:

Post a Comment