Saturday, September 15, 2012

Signs and Guideposts for the Creative Life

Oh, here's a quote that is interesting:

"If you can see your path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it's not your path.  Your own path you make with every step you take.  That's why it's your path."  Joseph Campbell

How does that feel?  We're so used to thinking about business plans, 5 year plans, goal setting, etc. etc., that we confuse those things with OUR PATH. 

Those plans and goals may be useful tools; but sometimes expectations can get in our way.  We may not see the small marker lying in the underbrush, that is ready to show us the way to something truly remarkable.

I love this idea.  I think I'm going to go hiking this morning to look for stones.  But who knows?  I might get diverted along the way.

5 comments:

  1. Thanx Becky, great reminder that we need to be flexible & open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, as always, thought-provoking and refreshing, thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that I have these posts to look forward to every Saturday morning Becky, thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete