Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Inspiration Wednesday


flora tones
Design-Seeds
I had no trouble at all making a necklace and earrings set inspired by this palette. I am SO not a blue girl so I was really worried about it. I try to challenge myself to only pick a color palette from the first page on Design-Seeds.com that way you are seeing the newest color palettes and I am challenged by new and inspiring palettes myself :-)






Here is the palette for next week:

whisked tones
Design-Seeds - Whisked Tones
Here are a few items from the Hudson Valley Etsy Team for inspiration:
Pink & Brown Hand Crocheted Wooden Teething Rings (Set of Two with Organic Carry Bags)
mimiandlu
Damask Tote Bag
GimmeSunshine
Brown Sugar Caramel -  Hand Crafted MMMallow
catskillcandyco
Make an item or choose materials inspired by the palette and write a blog post about it, post the item for sale, or post the item on your website. Add the link to your blog post, shop or website in the comments next week.
The only rule is that if you use the Design-Seeds palette you must link directly to Design-Seeds.com.
Have fun and I can't wait to see what you make!

~Shannon

Also, I have come up with what I think is a great way to share what our readers are making. If you e-mail be by 6pm the night before (so Tuesday night) I will happily share a picture of what you made and a link to your shop, blog, etc in my post. So make sure to send me an e-mail at formysweetdaughter@me.com before 6pm next Tuesday to have your item featured on the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful necklace & earrings Shannon.
    Great idea to include readers designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set! I love the blues and cool colors, its the warm tones I get stuck with. I have to say, even though I haven't been able to get into the studio lately, I LOVE to see the design-seeds palettes and what you come up with and I can't wait to get back in!

    ReplyDelete