Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Inspiration Wednesday - Whisked Tones

whisked tones
Design-Seeds - Whisked Tones

I was inspired to make a necklace this week. It features a Vintaj Natural Brass branch which I wire wrapped a porcelain bird pendant (from Marsha Neal Studios) to. I made the wire wrap messy so it was sort of like branches.
I just love this cute little bird.

then I wire wrapped agates, wood and a glass flower

and bronzite beads finish off the back of the necklace. I just love bronzite.


Tweet, Tweet

Here is a lovely hat from HuzzahHandmade inspired by this color palette:


Here is the color palette for next week:

teal tones
Design-Seeds - Teal Tones



Here are some items from the Hudson Valley Etsy team for inspiration:
Mr. Perfect Handmade Soap Men's Soap
ComfortandJoySoapCo
fishy fish Cereal Bowl- "barbichette"
MilestoneDecalArt



Make an item or choose materials inspired by the palette and write a blog post about it, post the item for sale, or post the item on your website. Add the link to your blog post, shop or website in the comments next week, to be featured as part of next weeks post please e-mail me at formysweetdaughter(at)me(dot)com before 6pm next Tuesday night.
The only rule is that if you use the Design-Seeds palette you must link directly to Design-Seeds.com.
Have fun and I can't wait to see what you make!

~Shannon


4 comments:

  1. What a charming pendant! Great necklace for the Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marilyn! and thanks to Kathryn for sending in her inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the necklace with the bird pendant, and the way you made the wire wrapping feel like part of a nest/twig thing.

    ReplyDelete