Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Out of My Studio: A Walk in Woodstock



'A Walk in Woodstock' baby fabric book by SO Handmade

I have been busy in my studio developing, printing and making my new fabric baby book  'A Walk in Woodstock'. To mark its launch I thought an actual walk in Woodstock would be in order on this beautiful spring day.

Woodstock has many facets to which I pay homage in my book including its musical heritage, the famous Sunday drum circles, the Woodstock Windchimes and the peace movement. But in recent times many wonderful new stores and cafes have opened to appeal to visitors and locals alike.
A Walk in Woodstock

New eatery Shindig is situated right in the heart of the village and offers 'an open door, a warm seat, and a much needed sip and nibble'. Organic, local and seasonal ingredients are lovingly prepared by Chef Page Moll into heartwarming comfort food just like your Mom used to make.

Shindig

Amongst the exciting new stores is a little gem called 'Shop little House'. Owner JoJo Ans has a wonderful eye for combining fine vintage with modern Americana with artisan made gifts and homewares including those of our own HVEtsy team member Hudson Naturals.

Shop Little House

Woodstock Music Shop
 Two wonderful stores in Woodstock will be carrying my book The Golden Notebook and Illuminated Baby so call in and have a look!




"Woodstock had a tremendous impact on artistic American life"  P.J. O'Rourke

Hope to see you in Woodstock soon!

Good Luck and Good Making!

Sarah








No comments:

Post a Comment