In my studio this month I have been making these really cute valentines envelopes, they can be done any size you like and can hold a valentines card, gift or even candies. Here is a tutorial to make your own in time for February the 14th:
- Felt pieces
- Embroidery thread and needle
- Iron-on printer sheet
- Template (as photo below)
2) Cut out the names and iron them onto a grosgrain ribbon, cut the ribbon either side of the name leaving a small amount to turn under on both the open fraying sides.
3) Use your template to cut out your felt pieces, also cut out small felt hearts in coordinating colors.
4) Sew the hearts and the names on to the envelopes in the corresponding places (see photo below.) Tuck the raw edge of the ribbon under so that it won't fray.
5) Turn over the envelopes and sew the sides and the end down.
6) Sew a button on the back and cut a small eyelet in the flap.
7) Fill the envelop with a valentines card, gift, candy or a perfect Valentines day surprise.
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. Charles M Schultz
Good Luck and Good Making!