Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Life Of A Potter

This year’s show schedule was filled with disappointing sales and weather.  I did many explorations of other shows and interviewed as many artisans as I could.  There were mixed reviews which resulted in a not very clear idea of what I was experiencing.


The winter is the time I can work without deadlines except the ones self imposed.  I like that a lot.  I get to experiment, amass product and plan for the next season.  I have been firing year round with others that join me at the kiln.  The wood kiln has been put to bed until March or April. 

The pottery conference (NCECA) National Council of Educators in the Ceramic Arts provides much inspiration which lasts more than the mind can conjure.  It is held yearly.  This year it is in Milwaukee.  The conference is usually 3 or 4 days with the host city opening its galleries to pottery, sculpture and ‘all things clay’.  I can’t wait.  My friend Ken Bichell, a potter from Iowa, will be hosting a week long wood fire workshop the week before the conference.  I will definitely be there.


Hope you all have the Happiest of Holidays.  Good friends, good food, good work for the New Year.

3 comments:

  1. It brings me joy to know this fine lady. Lynn is a great teacher, any one blessed to know her, will tell you. I hope and pray for her.
    Looking great Lynn, keep up the great work. Love You Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn. Looking forward to seeing you and your studio at the Pine Bush Art Council meeting in January. Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete